Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Very Bittersweet Day

This past weekend we had an extremely bittersweet moment. Claire woke up and got dressed for the last time in her baby room. Then we headed out to Family Yoga while Daddy did some furniture switching.
Goodbye crib, rocker, bookshelf,curtains and changing table.
Hello big girl bed! I am ridiculously happy with how pretty her room looks.
New bed, bedding, curtains, dresser, and bookshelf. It's so grown up compared to her baby furniture, though. It's a little hard to take.
As Greg and I talked about the bittersweetness of it, he remembered the first time she slept in her crib. She looked so tiny. Now she's outgrown it! She looks tiny sleeping her big girl bed. We'll have to try to get a picture. We're not willing to disrupt her sleep right now for it, though.
Greg wrapped her doorknob, so that when we got home, she could open her Christmas present from Mommy and Daddy. How awesome is that?
Oh yah, she's happy! It took about 3 seconds for her to start jumping on the bed.




2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. That just melted my heart. I am totally teary now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second Wendy's comment. Especially with the teeny tiny baby Claire to compare. Ah!

    ReplyDelete