Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Haircut

At the beginning of March, I decided that Claire's hair finally needed to be cut. It is beautiful, and I have been putting it off for almost 3 years because I love it so much. But, it does require a lot of attention, and sitting still to have her tangles brushed out is not Claire's idea of fun. Or mine for that matter. So, I decided that not only would we get it cut, but we would donate it to Locks of Love. It does comfort me to know that her beautiful hair is helping someone else feel beautiful.

This is her "before" photo shoot that morning. These are hard for me to look at.
We had been preparing Claire for this big event, and at first she was very excited. The train table was a big hit
Claire attempted the red airplane you see in the mirror. She says that next time she wants to try the yellow car
And here's the "after", complete with red popsicle, as requested. I couldn't get any "during" shots because Claire and I went by ourselves, enjoying a mommy-daughter day. But as soon as the very nice lady started actually touching Claire's hair, she got shy and insisted on sitting on my lap for the entirety of the cut. It is still uneven in the back, but I can't bring myself back there just yet to fix it.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful before, and beautiful after. Claire, you are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. I really truly love the before shots, especially the blowing kisses! Her new haircut is just fabulous. What a sweet precious girl!

    ReplyDelete